Saturday, November 19, 2005

First day of....

Ah yes, today was hectic. It's like you're in a race with time..

It was my first day in the AFH emergency room. As my friend and I were walking in, a patient was too, so as soon as we entered, the doc made us go in with her. Turned out I knew one of the docs from there, it was a pleasant surprise, and they were all very friendly and helpful.

Later on, we had a session on trauma. We had a model in front of us, so we were actually applying whatever it is we were learning, it was fun!

Now here's the thing. This session started at 2, and was supposed to go all the way till 4, and so I thought, no way I'm making it to the first spinning class. We finished at 3:40. I had to literally run from the hospital to the college, change, then run to my car, lol. I got there at exactly 4:15, so I made it just in time. But daaaaamn, my legs were dead already haha. Half way through I was telling my instructor that I couldn't feel my legs anymore, yet I was happy, I couldnt' stop smiling throughout the whole time, and I kept telling myself, 'we're finally back'!!! Just like the old days. I would busy myself with work all day long, finish, run to class, go home, study and sleeeeeeeep feeling good.

I'm really looking forward to this rotation. Always loved emergency medicine, and there's a lot of skills to learn. This Monday, I will either have a suturing skills workshop, or a resuscitation skills workshop, both of which I have some basics in, so it's a matter of adding to what I know. I've sutured a bit in surgery, so I should be able to control my hands. Plussss, we're gonna get to do a lot of blood collections and will be asked to give injections. That's what I like, a job where proper skills are required.

Posted by Noors at 9:09 AM

6 Comments

  1. Blogger Kay posted at Sat Nov 19, 12:51:00 PM  
    spinning class !! thats MURDER. i took one class and they havent seen my face at the gym yet!

    you are a BRave Brave women

  2. Blogger Noors posted at Sun Nov 20, 02:52:00 AM  
    haha tell me about it. You know, once I'm done with the class, I just feel like I can do ANYTHING at all, if I can survive this, I can survive everything LOL...

    You should try it again. Join our class, you'll enjoy it!
  3. Blogger Kay posted at Sun Nov 20, 10:18:00 AM  
    where do u go?? maybe i'll reconsider
  4. Blogger illogicist posted at Sun Nov 20, 03:41:00 PM  
    You know, I've been watching so much Scrubs recently, that even though half my family are doctors, I'm still starting to think life as a doctor is as it is on that show :p
  5. Blogger Tia posted at Mon Nov 21, 04:09:00 AM  
    it seems so much fun, can't wait to join in as well :D
  6. Blogger Noors posted at Mon Nov 21, 08:59:00 AM  
    @ Z, lol in what way? Meaning that we're all crazy? :P coz it's true ya know haha!

    @ wicked, adam's fitness centre. Would love to have you there!

    @ Allured, yup girl, I told you it's loads of fun.

Post a Comment

« Home