Sunday, October 23, 2005

Coffee

When was the last time I updated my blog? Oh yes, last Monday.

Hmm, did ya'll know that one cup of coffee increases your mental alertness, 12 cause you anxiety and tremor, and 100 would actually kill you? Damn, I mean seriously, who's stupid enough, or let me say this again, who has the ability to drink 100 cups in one day, or between short intervals? And how did they actually figure this out? My guess would be that it's just a theory, keeping in mind what caffiene does to your body and how it affects you physiologically.

Oh yeah, and dependence on caffience, that results in the occurance of withdrawal symptoms once it's level has gone down in your body, is somehow considered a form of drug abuse.

I love coffee, can't live without it. But I won't say that I depend on it everyday. I'd love to just sit and sip some coffee when I'm relaxed with nothing to do, but I start to consume it more when I'm under stress, or when I feel so out of energy that I need something to get me through the day, haha, but when it comes to staying up at night and studying, give me strong coffee, and I'll still fall asleep in 5 minutes, it's useless!
---

I was supposed to go get my shoulder checked today and hopefully fix it, now I can't be bothered lol. I am going to go check on a patient in my team instead. I barely have enough energy though.

Posted by Noors at 5:30 AM

8 Comments

  1. Blogger Sleepless In Muscat posted at Sun Oct 23, 12:27:00 PM  
    i must be retarded to keep telling you this; go and get your shoulder checked up on

    i can't really emphasise how much it means to see you in pain and not doing anything about it..




    this is the end of the line
  2. Blogger Lym posted at Sun Oct 23, 12:49:00 PM  
    During Thanawiyah , I used to have two mugs of Omani coffee to last me through out the night. It will keep me awake and alert till I am done studying (5am or so).

    I am not much of a 'coffee' person though , more of a 'tea' person.
  3. Blogger illogicist posted at Sun Oct 23, 01:30:00 PM  
    I used to be a coffee person. Then, when I moved to uni and tried to get coffee, i) the coffee tasted like warm, watery dirt ii)it was 1.5 times the price of tea. So I quit coffee, and took up tea. The tea tasted tasted like hot, bitter water. Once i started drinking fresh orange juice, I no longer needed caffeine - I was just full of energy! Now I drink tea every now and then, just for warmth and stuff, and just because it tastes good.
  4. Blogger Lym posted at Sun Oct 23, 06:49:00 PM  
    Nothing beats Chai Hindi ! :)
  5. Blogger Noors posted at Mon Oct 24, 04:13:00 AM  
    @Ali, end of the line? What's going on?

    Did see a doc, need an MRI...

    Lym, two cups of Omani coffee? That's very strong! No wonder you were able to stay up all night.

    lol and yes, though I don't drink tea, chai hindi is amazing. :P

    Z, so now, orange juice gives you enough energy? Well what do you do when you want to stay up late?
  6. Blogger Noors posted at Mon Oct 24, 06:37:00 AM  
    Something's wrong, my comments aren't showing...
  7. Blogger illogicist posted at Tue Oct 25, 03:15:00 PM  
    i swear to you Noors, orange juice is the ANSWER!

    Try this: squeeze yourself 2 mugs of orange juice, and drink them in suhoor. If you're not energetic the whole day, then theres something wrong with you :p remember, freshly squeezed!
  8. Blogger Noors posted at Fri Oct 28, 01:07:00 PM  
    lol okay z, will give it a try and I'll let you know!! :)

Post a Comment

« Home