Sunday, July 17, 2005

Been to surgery, finally!

Yesterday was a long and interesting day. I woke up in the morning, and I was so not in the mood for yet another day of 'studying', nevertheless I still got up, and went to royal. I stayed there and studied until about 12, I had to go to squh to check a patients file, then had a session at 2, which if you're interested, was a total waste of time.

Finished at around 3, thought I'd go get some coffee from starbucks to freshen up, went home to get a book that I needed and I was on my way again to royal. As always I have to pass by the OT to check if there's anything going on before going to the library, and this time, they told me they had 4 cases! The first was almost over, and the second one was an everday thing, but I never got to scrub in, and I've always watched it from far away. lol I was standing outside, debating on whether I should go in or just force myself to go to that bloody library and sit and study, but then I thought, I've been dying to go to surgery for 2 months, and I've lost a few chances before because I didn't want to feel guilty for going into surgery instead of studying or sticking to my rotation, and I thought to myself: I won't do it this time, I don't want to regret this late, and for once I'll do something that I really want to do, rather than something I have to do, there's a huge difference.

The doc was surprised to see me, lol, I haven't seen him ever since I went to SQUH, which was over a month ago, so it was good to see him again, we sat and chat, then went to the OT, and I got to assist him, lol, he kept showing me around, asking me questions, and explaining what he was doing. I had a good time. He even let me do a couple of stitches even though he was tired and was eager to finish and get some rest.

It felt good to be back in surgery. I missed that place so much, and I'm glad that finally, I just stopped worrying and just went ahead and did something I wanted. My studies are fine, a couple of hours won't do much different, and I did not regret going in, and even if I don't do so great on Tuesday, it definitly won't be because I decided to spend the afternoon in surgery.

I guess it was exactly what I needed to freshen up! I'm still smiling so go figure! lol

Posted by Noors at 4:13 PM

3 Comments

  1. Blogger Sleepless In Muscat posted at Sun Jul 17, 07:01:00 AM  
    didn't see you today while i was there. could that have been the reason?
  2. Blogger Noors posted at Sun Jul 17, 08:02:00 AM  
    The surgery was yesterday afternoon.

    I don't have sessions in the hospital these days that's why I don't go there, I spend my time in the royal library studying.

    I was there yesterday at 2 though, had my last session. Have one tomorrow but I might just pass and stay in royal and study, and finally I'll be there tuesday for my end of rotation exam!
  3. Blogger Sleepless In Muscat posted at Sun Jul 17, 11:22:00 AM  
    good luck on the exam, inshallah you'll do great

Post a Comment

« Home