Monday, July 11, 2005

End of rotation final is next Tuesday.

Finally, my long year as a 5th year student is coming to an end. It's been such a long and interesting year. My first rotation was pediatrics, yup, I was exposed to sick kids when I first started my clinical years. It was a tough rotation, but very productive and the best part was, I was filled with so much enthusiasim, and despite my very tight schedule, with the late working hours and the oncalls and the readings, I used to do body pump or rpm at least 3 times a week. I felt so alive, and the exercise used to give me a big boost to do well, I always had something to look forward to after a long day at work.

Family medicine, lol, now that was boring. It was like having 2 months of holiday, only negative thing was the LONG hours.

Surgery, loved every bit of it. The late oncalls, the long hours in the OT operating, especially when I was allowed to scrub in and help, and then at the end suture. I learnt a lot, and got to meet a lot of interesting people. Oh yeah, not to forget of course the visits to the A&E for sugical consults.

Finally medicine. It's a tough and deep rotation. Requires a lot of time, and consumes most of your energy, and you always feel like you're behind schedule, actually you're always behind schedule, because it's just too much to finish on time hehe. I loved it in royal, because it was more clinically oriented, and I got to get to know a lot of the docs and the consultants very well, that it made my days over there more enjoyable, rather than feeling like I'm just dealing with a superior. But seriously, this rotation has sucked up most of my energy, and I'm just tired and stressed out comletely, lol, I just wonder how i still manage to get up every morning and drag myself out of bed, into my car and to the hospital.

Yessssssssss, it's been a long year, and it's coming to an end. I just hope I can pass this rotation and do well, just like I did with all the other rotations.

Posted by Noors at 6:18 PM

4 Comments

  1. Blogger Sree posted at Mon Jul 11, 09:58:00 AM  
    ER should hire you as a guest star or something ... am sure they'll have a blast, lol.

    Besides, have you watches 'Grey's Anatomy'? I watched 2 episodes of that show and kinda liked it ... hmm ... if you're wondering, thats almost exactly like ER.
  2. Blogger Tia posted at Mon Jul 11, 10:37:00 AM  
    Its Party time!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Blogger Noors posted at Mon Jul 11, 11:12:00 AM  
    Hey Sree,

    Long time no see, I thought that you have completely forgotten about us! Good to see you here. lol I've heard about that show, my cousin told me about it. Never got the chance to watch it though.

    Tia, lol not yet girl, not yet, just give me a week then it's gonna be party time! lol
  4. Blogger Sleepless In Muscat posted at Mon Jul 11, 11:29:00 AM  
    I'm seriously happy for you...

    inshallah you will get through with flying colors and have a great vacation.

    And you can get to watch all the soap operas that you love to watch this time..!

Post a Comment

« Home