Thursday, July 07, 2005

I'm sure you've all got the news of what happened in London.

It was shocking to be honest. Those people targeted stations which are known to be crowded all the time, and they even chose to do it at 9 am, rush hour time.

Edgeware road, this place is like 3 minutes away from our house there, whenever we're in London, we spend a lot of our evenings down that road. My father is staying in a hotel that is in the middle of that road for God's sake.

Covent Garden, I've always loved that place. They have this market where people sell hand made things, such as book marks and little toys, etc... We always had to go there and just have a look around and of course buy a few things, I just love how simple yet creative things they have over there. Sadly, it was another area that was among those which suffered the explosions.

Kingcross, one of their biggest train stations.

Can you imagine how many people might have been injured? 90 were injured in Aldgate station only. The hospitals are in a state of chaos I presume.

My family is there for holiday. We were able to get in touch with them quickly, and thank God they were all safe. It was my dad who we couldn't get in touch with, because he was staying in a hotel, since he just got there a couple of days ago for some bank work. I finally got hold of him with my mobile, it was such a relief when I heard his voice on the phone.

It's just sad. Whoever did this has absolutely no heart at all. Innocents were hurt and injured, and for what? To win a political game? To prove a point, and to hell with people's lives? Just think of the consequences this will have on the Arabs and Muslims living and stuying there. The Brits won't be able to get over this quickly, I mean, come on, what happened wasn't easy!

Posted by Noors at 4:43 PM

1 Comments

  1. Blogger Sleepless In Muscat posted at Thu Jul 07, 06:31:00 AM  
    7amdilah 3ala salamat ahlich, Noor. I'm sorry to hear that it happened near a place where you live but I am happy that were not hurt.

    take care!

Post a Comment

« Home