Thursday, December 23, 2004

I think my mood has improved a bit compared to yesterday. I'm still not in the mood for talking though. I've got a lot of studying to finish today for yet another stupid final.

Last night, at the wedding, I saw a lot of the girls I know, who are in my age or a year older. They're all working, finished with studying, and most of em are either engaged or married. And I was thinking, God, and I'm stressing over a final!

The only thing that bugs me about studying medicine is that it's too long. 7 years, that's a lot. It's 7 years of hard work, sometimes you just get to the point where you say that's it, I can go no further, I'm stopping here, but somehow I keep going on. People at my age are already working, making their own money, spending their free time taking care of themselves, they are finally enjoying life. I wish I could have that. I think it would be awesome if I wake up on a weekend and not have to worry about a test, or a report or my classes the next day, but then again, I don't have anything else in my life besides my studies. My cousin actually asked me this question yesterday, she asked me how on earth I was managing knowing the fact that my choosing medicine, I will be spending the rest of my life studying. Then it just hit me. I think I'm okay with it, because I have nothing going on in my life, I don't have a husband or a child to worry about. My sisters and brother are getting older, and one by one are becoming more independant and living their own life. My plan for my life is to finish, work here for a year or two, then leave the country for 5 years to specialize, and if I seem to adapt to that kind of life style, then maybe I can stay out a bit more. That's basically my life, sometimes I hate it, sometimes, I'm just glad I have my studies as an excuse to stay away, probably from reality.

Posted by Noors at 9:29 PM

2 Comments

  1. Blogger Najah posted at Sat Jan 01, 12:23:00 AM  
    Finish what you began, iyou will always get the outcome once ur done.. and i'm sure yours will be one great outcome..

    God bless u!
  2. Blogger Noors posted at Mon Jan 03, 08:46:00 AM  
    Aww, Najah, your words helped a lot.

Post a Comment

« Home