Thursday, December 23, 2004

Everytime girls are invited to a wedding, it's like being in a constant state of alarm. You rush to get yourself an appointment with the hairdresser, you spend the whole week thinking of what you're going to wear, and the colours of make up that you are going to use, and whether to blow dry your hair or just pull it up, etc...

The only think you talk about for the rest of the week is about the wedding, the bride, who's invited, where's it going to be, what time to meet up with your friends, and the never ending discussions about what the others are planning to wear, you want to make sure that you're gonna dazzle everyone with your beauty, charm, clothes, make up, and of course jewellery!

Being a girl, I must say that sometimes I do enjoy getting ready for a wedding, because I think of it as a change. You know, you get to take care of yourself, put on a nice dress and sit in front of the mirror, listening to music, and carefully applying your make up. BUT, I gotta be in the 'mooooood', lol I want to be so stressed and so sick of the way I look that I would take is a chance to forget my worries and just concentrate on me for a change.

Now today I'm invited to a wedding. I've known the bride for such a long time, I remember us as kids playing together, and even though I've got a final on Saturday, I am determined to be there for her and at least get our of my house and do something. But I'm so not in the mood for doing my hair, or spending time putting on make up. My sister took an appointment for me to do my hair, and I've been arguing with my mom for the past hour because I just told her I wasn't gonna go and I was just gonna do something with my hair myself, but then everyone just shouts at me telling me that I should just look at how other girls take care of themselves while I don't. Hey I do, I make sure I look good everyday before I go to the hospital, and I work out, isn't that all part of trying to look good? So what if I don't want to look wow at the wedding, I just don't care really.

Xmas is on Saturday, and I still haven't finished giving out all cards yet, pfff, lazy, lol, I know. I better do that today.

Posted by Noors at 1:17 AM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home