Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Update from Muscat

Back in Muscat. Am I happy to be back? Well, I'm happy to be among my family again, it was nice to sit around with the kids and listen to their stories, but at the same time, I miss Cardiff, I want that sense of independence that I felt working there, now that's a separate topic anyway.

Some football talkā€¦

I finally decided to sit and watch some football since I had access to a tv in London (finally!). Brazil vs. France, and of course I was backing up Brazil 100%, always have and always will, despite the fact that they lost and are now officially out of the World Cup. Their performance was sadly below average, the bright players did not show us any magic out there in the field, and their attacks were very poor. The French on the other hand were very impressive. Zeedan played remarkably. His tactics were very smooth and he was actually ruling the field, along with this other dude whom I can't remember his name, lol. Now I'm not a fan of Zeedan, I don't really mind him, but the truth has to be said and he earned a great deal of respect after the way he performed in this game.

Now, as I was watching the game a few things came to my mind.

~ The way the players hit the ball with their heads, my God, if it was me, I would've probably ended up with a terrible headache for weeks, or maybe it would've probably knocked me out completely!

~ The way those poor players get hit in the leg or fall or slide through the grass, ouch! I bet they always end up with a lot of scratches, bruises, and cuts here and there after each game.

~ It's funny how a lot of girls are all crazy about the World Cup and make sure that they watch all the matches, not for the sake of watching some good football, but to watch the 'cute' players whom they have a crush on. What's even funnier is that they would be supporting a team just for the sake of a 'cute' player! So I know a few who were all the way with England, why? Because Beckam was playing!

On the same day, England was playing against Portugal and we were on the bus on our way back home, and this lady comes in with her kids, and walks and couldn't stop talking about how eager she was to know the scores, so she goes like, anyone got a mobile phone? Then tries to explain it to us with her hands, like we didn't know what a mobile is, EVERYONE ignored her, she was extremely rude, funny thing is, a few of us were sitting there with mobile phones that actually had radios, but non bothered to give it to us, including two kids who were Muslims living apparently in London

Now, the Italy vs. Germany match just ended. Italy won amazingly in the last minute, with TWO goals, now that wasn't predicted at alllllll! The Germans were crushed, and I guess the second goal came in because they probably lost their spirit when the Italians scored, and so it was easy for them to go ahead and score again.

Right, I should be resting after a long journey back home, and not updating my blog.

Enjoy the football people!

Posted by Noors at 3:26 PM

5 Comments

  1. Blogger Nash posted at Wed Jul 05, 04:10:00 AM  
    Al-Hamdulillah Salamah. By the way, you can easily get a job in UK. There is a high shortage of medical staff. Its true lots of girls watch football just to see cute guys. For the same reason some guys watch tennis :)
  2. Blogger HA! Entertainment posted at Thu Jul 06, 02:29:00 AM  
    uhm, yeah, uhm. Yeah that's us with Tennis. :)
  3. Blogger HA! Entertainment posted at Thu Jul 06, 02:41:00 AM  
    oh yeah, don't forget soccer supporter gals. Brazilian supporter gals are hots. pheww...
  4. Blogger Mohamed Al-Ashry posted at Thu Jul 06, 05:57:00 AM  
    Hi Noors

    I need more time to discover your blog, like the real life
  5. Blogger Noors posted at Thu Jul 06, 01:21:00 PM  
    @Nash, it's not easy getting a visa these days.

    and lol you guys, men and tennis ha! Now that's new!

    @Mohd, welcome to my blog :)

Post a Comment

« Home