Friday, June 09, 2006

Heart broken

Yes I am, big time...

I've always accepted the fact that I'm not very lucky when it comes to getting something that I really wanted. For some reason, the more I want something, the more difficult it is for me to get it, it's like somehow it gets all jinxed.

As hard as it is to not get anything you want, everytime I would tell myself that there's a reason behind it that I'm not aware of, and I believe in that. I believe that God has a reason behind everything that happens. Sometimes though it gets to me, the disappointment that is.

For over a year now, I had it set in my mind that I wanted to train and become a certified group fitness instructor. I bought the book, and I was hoping that an exam would be set in Dubai, but it wasn't, not this year anyway. Then I found out that it was going to be held in London, during the time that I'll be in the UK for my elective, well I got my dates mixed up and missed the deadline, again even though it was a big hit on my face, I just let it go.

Now a while ago, I found out that there's a Schwinn Cycling Course that was supposed to be held between June 10th and 11th in London, so I got all hyped up. I called my dad and got the green light from him, and I called the course coordinator, only to be told that it was already fully booked. She told me, however, to call in a week because some people end up cancelling and so there might be a space for me. A week later I call her, and guess what! There was a spot for me. I was starting to have my doubts about whether or not I should go ahead with it, but I told myself, I've always wanted this, I won't get this chance again, and I got my parents approval! So I got called the coordinator, and told her I was in. This morning, I had some problems getting train tickets (they were all very expensive) but eventually I did, and then I paid for my course, I was so happy and I thought to myself, tonight, I'm gonna be in London, at my grandparents place, be comfy on the sofa and watch tv the whole night, then enjoy two days of nothing but cycling. Like they say 'ya far7a ma tamat', only 10 minutes later I get a call from my sister telling me that my mom just called and told her that the house was actually under renovation. There were workers inside, the house was a mess, there were no windows, anddddd the door might have been changed, so our keys won't work. I felt like someone just hit me real hard on the head. The coordinator told me to not cancel right away, to try and sort it out. I tried for several hours with no luck, and I just cancelled my spot in the course....

I'm seriously heart broken. I thought to myself, finally, I'm getting something I've always wanted, something outside medicine, something to add on to my life, no matter how crazy people thought I were, I wanted it so badly that I was okay with having much less money left for shopping here to just take this course. Now it's gone. Yet again, I lost a chance to have something in my empty life, something besides medicine....

Oh well...

Posted by Noors at 8:01 AM

3 Comments

  1. Blogger HA! Entertainment posted at Mon Jun 19, 01:03:00 AM  
    very very poooooooor you. lool.

    If you want something, pray to God, if He doesn't give you what you want, tell Him, "I hate you god".

    I usually do it and it works all the times loool.
  2. Blogger sensation posted at Sun Jun 25, 09:30:00 PM  
    Well it goes like this sometimes! I have been there time after time! lol! I remember when I graduated from high school I wanted to study abroad so badly. I talked to my family and most of them didn't encourage me. Yet I was too stubborn to change my mind. They used all the possible means to make me not apply for scholarships. But still I went & applied for them & then I got my heart broken real hard when I found out that I wasn't accepted! It hurts! lol! But this is life & we better learn to go on with our lives(I'm still learning! I wounder when I'm gonna comrprehend it :think: soon I hope)

    May all your wishes come true :)
  3. Blogger Noors posted at Mon Jun 26, 10:30:00 AM  
    lol @ someguyfromplanet. The way I look at it, is that God knows what's best, and it was probably good for me that I didn't go!

    @ Sensation, Oh I know EXACTLY how you feel. I wanted to leave so badly after highschool, but there were no scholarships for medicine, so I had to make the difficult choice of staying in Oman. The year after, they started sending people for medicine, great ha! But again, I know that there was some good in it, there must be! :)

    Oh and welcome to my blog! Please keep reading and commenting lol. It's good to know that I'm not talking to myself!

Post a Comment

« Home