Monday, May 29, 2006

Let me graduate!

When you choose a career where you're supposed to study for 7 long years just to be qualified as a junior physician, you would probably reach to a point where you get saturated of being a student.

I know I've reached that stage lol.

Here in the UK, you get qualified in 5 years, my God that's TWO bloody years less than us! You can clearly see everyone's eyes open wide and their jaws drop open when I tell them that it's a 7 years course in my country.

The SHO's I work with are 25 and I'm 23 and still a student. By the time I'm 25 I would be just starting my specialization, lol.

It's just that, I've reached a point where I'm tired of being a student, of being a burden. I want to work and have my own patients. Make decisions when it comes to their management. True, I do see patients on my own, and discuss with the docs which investigations we should choose, but after that, it's out of my hand. It would no longer be 'my call'. The management part is something you gain with experience. When you're thrown into a situation and need to make a choice, of course you need to run it by your seniors, but you get the hang of it. I want to do that! I want to start my final year, sit for my exams and get my MD degree and start working.

I know I'm going to miss life as a student, because you don't have much responsibilites. Once you're qualified, you're swamped with loads of work, especially as a junior. But for some reason, I want that. I wanna get on with it and be of some kind of a use. I want to get on with my life, lol, I've been a student for far too long! I feel like I'm ready for the next phase in my life.

Posted by Noors at 2:55 PM

1 Comments

  1. Blogger Sleepless In Muscat posted at Tue May 30, 02:26:00 AM  
    all the best in your 'next phase of your life'

    ;o)

Post a Comment

« Home