Sunday, July 09, 2006

And the winner is...

The World Cup has come to an end.

Italy is the winner, as you all know by now, and I'm sure most of you, if not all of you have watched the game.

I wasn't really with any of the teams, but as I've always had a lot of respect for Zidane, I wanted him to play a great game because it's his last game in the world cup. I wanted it to be a great end to a great player.

Unfortunatelly, what happened was definitly unexpected!

In the last two minutes of the extra halves, he gets harrassed by the Italian player and he hits him, with his HEAD! Now that came out of no where! The red colour was flashed straight away. It just broke my heart seeing this amazing player, leave the game, with tears in his eyes. He must have been provoked real badly for him to react in such a way.

It broke my heart that he had to leave the field and miss on the closing ceremony.

I don't know, it just ruined the whole thing not having him there. It just wasn't the same. How can you be happy when you know that a great player was embarrassed in front of billions on his very last game?

Oh well. A congrats goes out to Italy I guess, and to everyone who cheered Italy.

p.s, I bet ALL men who were watching the game had their eyes tightly glued to the screen when Shakira performed right before the final game, lol.

Posted by Noors at 2:52 PM

5 Comments

  1. Blogger sensation posted at Mon Jul 10, 02:34:00 PM  
    I didn't watch the game! :p loool! I am not a big fan of football so I didnt! I wasn't in the mood to watch a football match and the other thing is that I had to take my brother to the airport at 9.30pm while the match starts at 10.00pm and the worst thing to me is to start watching a game after it starts! lol! Weird, huh? :p
    Anyhow I watched the very last minutes only. And yeh what a shame! Zidane ruined it all! :os

    God! I missed watching Shakira! She really knows how to shake it! :D
  2. Blogger HA! Entertainment posted at Tue Jul 11, 02:08:00 AM  
    Zidane was provoked by Materazzi by calling him a terrorist. Zidane is a muslim arab from Aljazair, I think that's why he was so upset.

    Italy, I never suspected they play very good in the final, though I know since the first game Italy would win the world cup.

    Shakira, oh yeah baby, oh yeaah...
    lol.
  3. Blogger Degoat posted at Tue Jul 11, 03:19:00 AM  
    LoL - Shakila looked really good and u must agree..

    Whatever happens Zezou will still be the best

    G
  4. Blogger Noors posted at Tue Jul 11, 05:02:00 AM  
    I honestly think that France played much better, they were in control from the second half onwards.

    What happened with Zidane was unexpected but like degoat said, he's still the best. He's an amazing player, one whom I hold high regards for.

    As for shakira, LOL, no comment, you guys just proved my point! :P

    Oh and sensation, you missed it, really!
  5. Blogger HA! Entertainment posted at Tue Jul 11, 11:12:00 PM  
    I hope FIFA don't punish Zidane.
    Zidane and Berghkam, they are my heroes! ;)

Post a Comment

« Home