Monday, November 28, 2005

Hmm, I'm supposed to be studying right now, but it's really hard to keep my eyes open, so I thought, what the heck, I'll update my blog lol.

Been a loooong two days. The oncall yesterday in the emergency room was exciting. Stab wound, RTA's, fractures, and a few cut wounds. I got to stitch a patient's hand. Wasn't hard at all, different from surgery in that the patient is wide awake, waiting for you to finish, the needle is much smaller and the type of thread used is different.

I had to see A LOT of patients, discuss the cases with the docs, look at x rays, and of course, reassure the patient. I hate it when some docs totally neglect this part of the management, though it's been quite a while since I bumped into one, which is a good sign I must say!

I was going through my 'health and fitness' magazine and I read this article talking about spirituality and how important it is to care about the spiritual aspect just as much as the physical and mental exercise, and that it is a route to health and wellbeing that a lot might be missing. There were a few interesting paragraphs which I should really try to paste here in my blog for you all to read it. Will probably do that once I get some free time.

Damn it, even the coffee didn't help to keep me awake...

Posted by Noors at 10:52 AM

2 Comments

  1. Blogger Hamood posted at Wed Nov 30, 06:58:00 AM  
    This spiritual "health aspect" you mentioned sounds interesting, will be looking forward for any sharing of that from your side.
  2. Blogger Samyah posted at Wed Nov 30, 11:20:00 AM  
    I wanna read that stuff about spirituality. Much more interesting than physical stuff I bet :P

Post a Comment

« Home