Sunday, June 26, 2005

So I woke up at 6 this morning, still very excited, I got ready and left the house at 6:58 am lol, oh yeah, I was looking at my watch all the time...

I get to the hospital, and I go to the ward, get the patients file and xray and start walking towards the auditorium. I was the first to arrive, along with another doc. I start presenting, the head of medicine was there, he's the one who has given me the funny nickname, lol. Anyway, I presented, finished, and answered their questions, and I wasn't nervous at all, which was a blessing. The other consultant whom I know very well came in late, and you should've seen the surprise in his face, hehe, I'm supposed to be in SQUH not Royal, but it was a nice surprise.

They all told me I did well, it's been a while since I've heard that, and it meant a lot to me. It gave me the extra power that I needed to finish this rotation.

Now a lot were wondering so what? Well thing is, I'll be working with those docs, again and again, next time will be in my 7th year, my final year in medicine, where I need to prove to my seniors that I'm good enough to be a doc, because they'll be the ones examining you, and they find it rather odd that you would reach your 7th year, without them knowing you, or at least remembering your face, so when you volunteer to do stuff like this, when you're still a student and not an intern yet, it tells them that you're serious about your work, and you can be depended on when needed.

Today meant a lot to me, you kinda feel dumb when you're surrounded with all the other med students, a lot of which would give you the freaks because of how they're always on the edge, and how nerdy they can be, seriously it gets on my nerves sometimes, lol.

Posted by Noors at 9:26 PM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home