Thursday, June 30, 2005

War of the Worlds

Okay, so I've been hearing and reading everywhere about how wonderful the movie is. One of my cousins didn't enjoy it though, maybe because it's not really her type of thing to watch, but everyone else has been posting either in sabla, or been telling me how brilliantly this 'alien attacking earth' movie is put together.

lol I'm even more desperate now to go and watch it. I even came up with the crazy idea of going to the early show alone, I don't mind it hehe, if it means that I get to see Tom Cruise, in one of the best master-pieces of Speilberg.

My sister is coming back today, maybe I can spend the night begging her too, though I doubt that she'd want to go watch a movie tomorrow, lol, maybe I should just go ahead with my idea and go alone! :)

Posted by Noors at 3:40 PM

2 Comments

  1. Blogger Sleepless In Muscat posted at Thu Jun 30, 01:04:00 PM  
    i didn't think that the movie was worth going for thats why i never went for it. so sorry i couldn't you the scoop.

    plus my whole family went for that crappy sharukh khan movie. my God! what's going on with the world and indian movies? hehe bad joke - sorry!

    up to you if you still wanna see it
  2. Blogger muscati posted at Thu Jun 30, 11:41:00 PM  
    The movie was GOOD. I think Spielberg didn't want to make a trailer that shows all the movie's secrets and wanted people to go in not knowing what they wanted to see. As a result lots of people don't want to see the movie based only on the quality of the trailer. I went in thinking this is going to be a really bad movie but I have been telling everyone I know that they have to go see War of the Worlds ever since.

    After the movie is over you can tear it apart for days if you want because indeed it has many many weaknesses. But it is such a spectacle that it can't be missed. It's one of the greatest visual experiences ever. The action is relentless at times and it pounds you with terror and destruction for about an hour.

Post a Comment

« Home