Monday, January 24, 2005

I'm in a weird mood. I've been so nice to everyone today. I offered to take the kids out to the beach, because the weather was amazing, and then took them to costa to get a bite to eat. I didn't argue with my mom when she told me to go pick up my sister and cousins from pizza hut this afternoon, nor did I argue abt picking up the kids from the park at night.

Honestly, I'm feeling kinda down, that's why I've been covering it up with the smiles. You know everyone feels sorry for me for what happened, and I hate it, lol. I hate it when ppl feel sorry for me and tell me that what happened to me was unfair, I never like being in the weak spot, and I never let these little issues bother me, and if they do, then I prefer not talking abt it and moving on, it's not worth it anyway. Life is too short to worry abt materialistic matters. I hate the competitive atmosphere in my college. Everyone's biggest aim is to be number one, regardless of the others, well not all, so I'm not gonna generalize. To them, if you're not in the top, then your'e nothing. To them, it's your marks that determine how good you are, feelings come last to a lot of em'. Oh don't you go thinking now that I'm flunking in college! I'm doing very well, I'm just talking how lame ppl can be, and how they look at things from such a narrow angle.

I'm starting a basic life support workshop next week. Now this should be very exciting, I really hope they've planned it well because I'll seriously be very disappointed if it turns out to be a big failure. I'm so looking forward to learning how to intubate, and how to perform a tracheostomy. Just to explain those medical words, to intubate, means to stick a tube down a patients throat to help him or her breath, and a tracheostomy, is when you make a hole right beneath the adam's apple, and put a tube again to help a patient breath, if there's any kind of obstruction that makes it impossible for you to intubate. I think I'll learn the first but not the second, I think it's a bit complicated for our level, but hey I can always ask, can't I?!!

Posted by Noors at 10:06 PM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home