Tuesday, December 28, 2004

I just had this feeling today. Do I really belong where I am? Am I doing the right thing by doing medicine? Or should I say, do I have what it takes to be a doc? I felt this shiver today, and It's been in my head all day.

It's like looking at the empty part of a cup. I know I'm doing well, but it's just that I keep comparing myself to others, and there's this one dude in my group, who I really respect, which makes me feel like an idiot sometimes, because he'd be able to come up with the answer before us, not all the time of course, but it happens. Maybe I'm a bit jealous, but it's just the fear that maybe I can't do this that is driving me insane. Plus things haven't been going the way I want them lately, so add this all up, and baaam, I start my usual annoying habit of worrying.

Damn, I need a break so badly!


Posted by Noors at 7:31 PM

3 Comments

  1. Blogger Tia posted at Tue Dec 28, 09:12:00 AM  
    yes noora you do need a break, my guts telling me you gonna be a great docto in sha allah. however its natural to feel this way, so don't worry much. take a deep breath, and relax
    Tia
  2. Blogger Samyah posted at Tue Dec 28, 06:57:00 PM  
    Noora, you've been having this feeling on and off since you started med school. Hear me when I say you fit the doctor job more perfectly than anyone I've known!

    I'll bring my kids to you.. that's how much faith I have in you.

    And ignore that dude, there'll always be someone you think is better. Who cares as long as you are doing your best? Besides, being a doc is not all about answering book questions ;)
  3. Blogger Noors posted at Tue Dec 28, 07:37:00 PM  
    You guys are the best!

    Thank you.

    I just think that I'm really blessed having you two as my close friends.

Post a Comment

« Home