Tuesday, October 31, 2006

When God gives you a wink...

Here's a really sweet and touching forward that I recieved today and I thought I'd share it with you. It really put a smile on my face.

"Every so-called coincidence or answered prayer is God’s way of letting you know He's thinking of you. By Squire Rushnell

You’ve had another one of those days.

Everything seems uncertain.

You think: Wouldn’t it be great to wake up one morning and have everything be certain? Certain in love? Certain about your job? Certain about your future?

Who could you talk to about this? Bigger question, who’d listen? Tentatively your eyes drift skyward.

Hello? Are you there, God?

Then your mind quickly assesses the immensity of your request. You want God to listen to you, right now. How ridiculous. There are six billion people on this planet. What if they’re all calling God at the same time?

You slump. Deeper into the dumps.

Then--something happens.

A little silly thing.

Someone you just thought about for the first time in years phones out of the blue--a silly little coincidence, so silly you shrug it off. Or a prayer you didn’t really expect to be answered--was! Immediately, your left brain repeats something you once heard: There’s a mathematical explanation for everything.

“But…” you say, “mayyyyybe…it’s not just coincidence or chance!”

Maybe God is communicating with you.

Yes directly to you!

You shake your head.

Naw. Couldn’t be.

But…what if God is communicating with you--in a nonverbal way--making a little miracle happen, right in front of you? After all, God doesn’t speak to people in a human voice. He’s God…He’d do something no one else could do, just to show you it’s Him!

If so, that would mean that He is listening! Right?

He has heard you!

What if through this odd little coincidence, or answered prayer, He’s sending you--you… out of all of those billions of people--a direct personal message of reassurance? To stop worrying? To keep the faith? That everything will be all right?

Every time you receive what some call a coincidence or an answered prayer, it’s a direct and personal message of reassurance from God to you--what I call a godwink.

It’s similar to when you were a kid at the dining room table. You looked up and saw someone you loved looking back. Mom or Dad or Granddad. They gave you a little wink.

You had a nice feeling from that small silent communication.

What did it mean? Probably--“Hey kid…I’m thinking about you right this moment. I’m proud of you. Everything is going to be all right.”

That’s what a godwink is.

Every so-called coincidence or answered prayer is God’s way of giving you His small, silent, communication. A little wink saying, “Hey kid! I’m thinking of you…right now!”

It’s a clear message of reassurance-that not matter how uncertain your life seems at the moment, He will help move you toward certainty.

And it’s a sign that you’re never alone. In fact, you’re always on His GPS--a global positioning system I like to call God’s Positioning System…."

-------

I hope you all like it as much as I did. :)

Posted by Noors at 8:02 AM

6 Comments

  1. Blogger Nash posted at Tue Oct 31, 11:19:00 PM  
    Good Post Noors. God is out there looking out after each of the human being... We just need to have strong faith to acknowledge that, especially in times of trouble
  2. Blogger Noors posted at Wed Nov 01, 01:12:00 PM  
    Yes, I couldn't agree more. Having a strong faith helps you get through anything!
  3. Blogger HA! Entertainment posted at Wed Nov 01, 04:57:00 PM  
    these days are very very bussy and stressing for me, phew.

    and I think your post is god's wink for me :p
  4. Blogger macher posted at Mon Nov 26, 07:21:00 PM  
    I would like to tell you the whole story, but there isn't enough room. I do not even know if this was a God wink, but my friend believes with absolute certainty that it is/was. The whole story is so incredible! Perhaps you don't even read this any longer. If you would like the story, please let me know. Because, I'd pay good money, if I had any, to know if it was a God wink or not. BTW, it is also an incredible love story - one that you won't hear in a million years. Let me know.
  5. Blogger Steven Foley posted at Wed Jan 28, 10:50:00 AM  
    Just on a whim, I Forwaded the link 'When God gives you a wink...' to my brother's wife. Her reply is below:

    I believe this immensely!!

    How strange that you sent this email…….I just left the office on my way to the ER. Marty is bleeding internally and I met him there around noontime. He is bleeding from his intestines……….not sure what is going, they are keeping him overnight to run some tests.
    I came back to work to wrap up a few things before I go home to pick up his Apnea machine to bring back to the hospital. I was praying on my way back to work and I sat down and pulled up my emails and found yours, this is probably Gods way of letting me know that he is answering me.

    I will keep you all posted on what’s going on, I’ll give Mom and Dad a call later to let them know.

    Thanks so much Steve for sending this email.

    Barb
    Barbara Foley
  6. Blogger Tayyiba posted at Sat Apr 30, 12:08:00 AM  
    Thats a brilliant post. Blessings Noors.

Post a Comment

« Home