Friday, October 27, 2006

Weight issues...

Don't you just hate it when someone comes up to you and says 'oh have you gained some weight?', especially when you've been working out so hard at the gym, and have been trying to eat properly, while they couldn't care less about moving an inch and sweating and indulge in eating whatever it is that they want?

I do!

Why do you ask?

I just hate how discouraging poeple can be. We live in a world where we look at those 'skinny' models as idols when it comes to figures. If you're a bit more full, then you'll be teased about it again and again. People tend to forget how hard you work out, how you're gradually replacing the fat with the 'good lean muscle mass'. How you're changing your lifestyle into adapting a more positive attitude. How you're adapting methods to combat the everyday stress that lead a lot of women into diverting to binging and eating to relieve their stress.

They want you to be as thin as a toothpick, yet when you do start exercising and eating properly, they call you crazy or silly when you go out for a meal and choose to have a salad instead of a steak. They tell you how dull you are when you say you'd rather not have ice cream but something light. They tell you, why on earth do you diet when you have a good figure? When the fact is, you're eating healthy, you're trying to eat right, and the only reason you maintain a good fitness level and a good shape is through all of this.

You go over to a relatives house, or a friends house, and they nag and nag about you not eating, and about you not trying their wide collection of sweets.

They don't appreciate the way you're transforming, they don't notice how healthy and how fit you are, but the moment you have a setback and you gain a bit of weight, just a bit, you hear the comments all around. Sheesh, appreciate what that person is trying to do. No one is perfect, you aim for progress and not perfection. We're humans after all, we have our downs and ups. The smart person is someone who will stand up again and continue..

Does anyone ever appreciate that?

Not that often I'm afraid....

I was watching a movie the other day called 'Phat Girls'. I liked it. It shows you exactly how people of the heavy size struggle around. It's not fun, and it's hard to live when you hate the way you look and feel and how those around you take every opportunity to mock you.

It used to bug me BIG TIME when someone who barely exercises or eats junk, would come up to me and say My Noors, you look like you've put on a bit of weight, look at your face! Now, I try and not let it get to me. After reading the body for life book, I'm aiming on progress. I'm not perfect and never will be. I have no weight issues, and I'm proud of my fitness level. I'm trying to eat as healthy as possible. But I'm only human. When I crave for something sweet, I'll have it. I'm a girl so hormones play a role. I exercise to feel good and healthy, looking good is just an added luxury, but it does pushes you forward because you end up liking the results, and you end up with a complete transformation, inside out.

Posted by Noors at 9:35 AM

5 Comments

  1. Blogger Hamood posted at Fri Oct 27, 01:26:00 PM  
    Talking about weight is one of the very common things people would talk about. Most of them would ask without even being sure. I know the feeling, it's just nasty...

    Personally, I just tell myself that they have no clue and most likely would never do as long as they are clueless about what I do... so in the end I wouldn't care either way...
  2. Blogger Noors posted at Fri Oct 27, 02:15:00 PM  
    Exactly, they just talk without having any clue of what it is that you do everyday and how much effort you put into it. And yeah, it shouldn't get to us!
  3. Blogger Nash posted at Fri Oct 27, 02:23:00 PM  
    Just do your thing and not to let those comments bother you. I also tend to eat healthy foods most of the time, no fizzy drinks, no burgers, no chips, etc. So when we go to a restaurant, everybody orders fancy drinks with umbrellas, I order a glass of water, all eyes pop out!
  4. Blogger HA! Entertainment posted at Sun Oct 29, 08:06:00 PM  
    Let me worship you: worshiiiiiip....
    worshiiiiiip....
    love it the post!
  5. Blogger Noors posted at Tue Oct 31, 08:02:00 AM  
    Nash, Yup that's what I'm doing. And hey my mom's friend saw me today and told my mom that I've lost weight!!! That made my day!

    someguyfromplanet, where've you been?!!! And LOL, I take it that you agree on what I said ha!!

Post a Comment

« Home