Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Body for life!

I'm reading a fitness best seller book called 'Body for life for women'. Dr Pamela Peeke, sat down with the author of the original book 'Body for life' by Bill Phillips, and they both agreed on making a version of this book for women. Why you ask? The reason is that a woman's body and physiology is different from men. They go through hormonal changes throughout their lives, and as a result, have more emotional and physiological demands.

The book isn't just another dieting book, or another fitness book, it's a complete lifestyle change that takes into consideration a woman's mental, health, physical and physiological well being. It helps women transform their lives, to take some time to take care of themselves, to help them get through the everyday life stresses that can have an impact on them. It teaches you how to love your body and how to take care of it. I'm very much enjoying the book. It teaches you how to absorb your problems and not let them get to you, and how to stop yourself from using the wrong route to deal with it, such as starving yourself, over eating to get over a problem you have, etc..

I was googling up some info about this auther. I was curious because she's a doctor, and from the book, I came to know that she has her own clinic where she helps women, no matter what hormonal milestone they're in. I was surprised to find that she got her bachelors in public health, went to med school, then continued and specialized in internal medicine, then further specialized in intensive care and trauma. She then got her post doctoral scholarship in nutrition and metabolism. She still works in a hospital, she's working in so many committees, she's a columnist in a number of magazines, anddd she has her own clinic where she helps women with their weight and fitness problems using a holistic approach.

I'm honestly impressed. She's a living example of what I'm aiming to be. I've always wanted to finish med school, specialize in emergency medicine or acute medicine, and continue working in a hospital but at the same time, to have my own clinic where I can help women to improve their lifestyles. To get them more into the proper eating and exercise, and supervise on it myself. A lot of people have laughed at me, asking me whether I'm a doctor or a fitness instructor. I've always said to those people, well I want to be both. I don't see it hard or impossible. It needs a lot of work, and a lot of dedication, but it can be done. There's nothing wrong with mixing the two fields together, on the contrary, you'll be able to reach out to a bigger number of people, because you'll be able to reach those with special needs, such as pregnant ladies, or those with arthritis.

I do believe that it is a CAN DO job!

Posted by Noors at 5:25 AM

5 Comments

  1. Blogger HA! Entertainment posted at Wed Oct 04, 01:30:00 AM  
    What a noble purpose. That's amazing.

    May God bless your path and guide you to your goal.
  2. Blogger Ammoontie posted at Thu Oct 05, 10:24:00 AM  
    hi noors,
    Ramadhan Kareem. Wish you all the best of luck in your future. I have enjoyed reading your blog too.
  3. Blogger 3anooda posted at Thu Oct 12, 01:53:00 PM  
    tagged
  4. Blogger 3anooda posted at Fri Oct 13, 04:27:00 AM  
    congrats. u are the winner of the following

    http://3anooda.blogspot.com/2006/10/step-by-step-tutorial-to-adding-pics.html
  5. Blogger Noors posted at Fri Oct 13, 04:44:00 AM  
    Thanks for the encouragment. It means a lot :)

    3anooda, check it out girl!

Post a Comment

« Home