Saturday, July 22, 2006

A peaceful demonstration

A peaceful demonstration has taken place this afternoon at 5 pm in front of the Lebanese embassy to show solidarity to what is going on in Lebanon these days.

Since my whole family has taken off this morning to Dubai, I had to go with my aunt, and my mom and dad made sure I took the poster that we have at home of Sayed Nasserallah with me.

I think there were about 100-150 people there, and I recognized a lot of the faces, but it would have been nice if more people had shown up and if the people were allowed to walk a bit further from the embassy. Nevertheless, it was a good sight, seeing all those people, standing together, showing their support for Lebanon and Hizbollah, screaming at the top of their lungs for the freedom of Lebanon and for God to protect Sayed Nasserallah.

I took a lot of pictures and videos with my phone (as usual I forgot my camera, absent minded, what can I say!). I even called my sister and teased her about not being there, she made me put her on speaker so that she could hear what was going on.

Anyway I'm glad I was there.

Posted by Noors at 8:03 AM

2 Comments

  1. Blogger Arab Lady posted at Tue Aug 01, 01:33:00 AM  
    aha its good that ppl moved in a gulf country
  2. Blogger Meticulousness posted at Wed Aug 16, 11:14:00 PM  
    Yeah, heard about it yet it was too late. Good bless Lebanon!

Post a Comment

« Home