Friday, May 12, 2006

I've finished my first week in my emergency medicine rotation today. I've worked very hard this past week, and in a matter of a few days, I got to know a lot of the docs and learn a lot.

I must admit that I felt like a complete idiot and out of place on my first day, lol, and all I could think of, I want to go homeeee, but by the second day, the docs started to give me more attention, and I started to gradually fit in.

I'm really having a good time. I'm so busy all day long, and for the first time in quite a while, I'm giving medicine and my work my full attention, with no distractions whatsoever. I remember now why I wanted medicine, and how good I felt when I took care of patients and helped in any possible way. I now realize that medicine is my world, it takes up all of my time, and I don't mind it at all.

I'm still not home sick. I do miss my family, the little kids, my car and of course the gym, but at the same time, I'm really having a good time here with the weather, the new life style, the busy and hectic work. And also, it's so easy for me to fall asleep now, haha, back home, I've always always always had trouble sleeping. Here, I just collapse in bed by 11 and I'm instantly asleep, damn it feels sooo good lol *touch wood*

It's interesting how similar the hospital system is very similar between back home and here. There isn't much difference, and I must admit that our level isn't any less better than here. Probably the administrative system still needs a bit of work, especially in the emergency room settings, but treatment wise, I'm proud to say that our level is very good. Of course a lot of the cases here are a bit different. What's more common here isn't very common in Muscat, so I'm learning more about what are the most common problems that would be part of your differential diagnosis, as in, what diseases you'd first think of, depending on what is more common.

Right, it's a Friday night, and I'm home lol. Too tired to do anything..

Posted by Noors at 2:27 PM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home