Saturday, May 06, 2006

In Cardiff

Alright, so I've been here in Cardiff since yesterday.

I'm usually the kind of person who doesn't like change, I like knowing my way around, and being in control, and most importantly, I usually get home sick even before leaving!

Until today, I'm not the least bit home-sick, which really surprises me lol. I'm not missing anything yet. I'm looking forward to going to the hopsital on Monday and starting my rotations, I'm planning on proving myself over here, show them that I'm good enough to be called a doc (in a year that is).

I really needed a break from Oman, to leave everything and go out and do something different and exciting. Get my mind off things. I have many goals that I'm aiming to achieve by the end of those two months. I want to come back as a stronger person, who wouldn't let things get to her, who's in complete control, who still cares a lot about those who deserve it, but at the same time, learn to accept the fact that sometimes I should let myself come first, I should do things for 'me' for a change. I want to focus on my studies, and prepare myself for my final year, read a lot and gain as many skills and experience as I can over here. I've always aimed on being a damn good doctor, I won't let anything come in the way and distract me next year, I have to give medicine my full attention.

As for the Group Fitness Training exam, I missed it, for several reasons. I've been looking around today for the ladies only gym that I found online, but no luck so far, but I'm not giving up hope yet.

Right, hear this, who, just tell me who forgets a 25kg suitcase on a bus? LOL! ME! I leave Heathrow, and I was lucky because my flight was a bit early so I was able to get the early bus to Cardiff, and by the time I got there, I was sooooooo tired that I just got off the bus and walked, only for a minute though, and by the time I realized I didn't have my bag with me the bus was gone. Hehe, my cousin came to pick me up and when I told her what happened she just didn't know what to say. My sister thought I was crazy, I mean true, who on earth forgets a bag? A small one, maybe, but not your suitcase lol. So anyway they tell us the same bus comes back later and lucky for me, I did get my bag...

That would be an interesting story to put in my presentation which I'm supposed to give once I'm back about my elective program lol.

Posted by Noors at 10:16 AM

2 Comments

  1. Blogger Kay posted at Tue May 09, 04:36:00 AM  
    OMG how can you forget your suitcase??!! walla after the last time i didnt have my suitcase for 3 days while i was in Uk i would have held on to my suitcase like a third arm! thank god you found it!
  2. Blogger Noors posted at Fri May 12, 02:44:00 PM  
    lol kay I seriously don't know how I did that!

    I can be very absent minded at times, I guess this was one of those times! I was just too tired to thik lol

Post a Comment

« Home