Monday, December 12, 2005

Kettlebell training

I bought the new edition of the 'heath and fitness' magazine last night, started going through it but fell asleep before I finished even a page, I was that tired!

Anyway, today, I go through this magazine, which is starting to become, or no wait, it has become one my favourite magazines, and I come across this heading that says, learn J Lo's favourite weights workout, so I got interested and went to page 97 to check it out.

Apparently, there's this new workout that is called 'Kettlebell training'.

Here's part of the article,

"Lets get one thing straight. Kettlebell training is not elegeant. To start with you'll be squating, swining a considerable weight between your legs and exhaling violently. It's not the sort of activity you want to do with an audience, especially not one that includes the fit bloke whose bench presses bring you out in a (non exercise related) sweat at the gym. Now I thought this part was hillarious! LOL

Said to melt fat without dieting and build a powerful heart without aerobics, kettlebell training is a hit with stars, including J Lo and Penelope Cruz. You may well have heard of it-the Russian army has been using it for years-but few know what it entails.

The key difference between this and traditional weight training is the amount of movement involved. Instead of isolating muscles, as with a static biceps curl, you work lots of muscles at once, and also get an aerobic workout and boost flexibility. And, of course, it's much more functional. Kettlebell training is particularly good for sculpting your inner thighs, bum, core and upper body".

Right, now I wish I could add a pic here to show you the weights used. There are differnt sizes, starting off at 8kg all the way to 16kg, yup that heavy, and those weights, look like a ball, with a handle on top, thus the name kettlebells and you carry them with both of your hands during the different complex moves.

Check this link, http://www.kettlebells.co.uk/, if you're interested in knowing what this kettlebell looks like.

I'm just interested in this new work out. I wanna try it, but it's not available here. It looks like a tough workout and it is, the trainer who was interviewed said that after your first work out, you will not be able to MOVE the next day. It's a challange that I wanna take, I wanna see if I can survive this complex yet very intriguing workout...

Posted by Noors at 4:55 AM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home