Saturday, October 15, 2005

First day..

First days, you're always lost, you feel so out of place, and stupid! lol

Well today wasn't any different, a very typical first day. I was the first to arrive, as usual. And we were supposed to be grouped in two's to fit the 6 units. Now we're 11, so you do the math, yup, someone has to be alone.

I should've seen it coming. I was left out and put in a team all alone. I'm the only female, and the only Omani in my team, and during the rounds, I was ignored by everyone, except for the consultant who, and thank God for that, gave me some attention.

To be honest, it's not much fun being there all alone. I don't have anyone to talk to, or anyone to work with, or even anyone to do the oncalls with. It's gonna be just me for the next month. I'm no quiter. I guess, I'll take this as a challange. I don't get attention, well then I guess I'm gonna have to work twice as hard to get some. I don't know anyone, well I've always been good at making good relationships with my docs. I'll get used to being the only student around, and I'll learn to do everything on my own. I gotta prove myeself! It used to be very similar in surgery. People skipping the morning rounds, or leave early on oncall nights, and it used to be me, and I was just fine with that, only difference, was that by that time, I had gotten to know the docs so it wasn't this weird.

I just need to find out first, whether it was the secretary who made this arrangement, or was it the students, I wouldn't be surprised either way...

Well, a lot of reading to do. Lucky me, it's my first day, and my unit is oncall today, and also this weekend. I haven't gone to body pump in a while, because of my finals, and I so wanted to go today. Oh well, maybe next class!

Wish me luck people! I gotta try and make the most of tonight! :)

Posted by Noors at 4:02 AM

4 Comments

  1. Blogger Sleepless In Muscat posted at Sat Oct 15, 05:23:00 AM  
    good luck and God's speed..
  2. Blogger Kay posted at Sun Oct 16, 03:14:00 AM  
    good luck noor inshallah things work out for the best
  3. Blogger Sree posted at Mon Oct 17, 10:08:00 AM  
    I've been watching Grey's Anatomy for a while now. Your post just reminded me of the intro. episode, LOL!
  4. Blogger Noors posted at Mon Oct 17, 12:24:00 PM  
    lol really Sree? Can you tell me how that episode went on? The ending of it is what matters lol.

    Well, things are better today. The docs talk to me, and smile. It's gonna be a loooooon month hehe.

Post a Comment

« Home