Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentine's day!

Just another normal day to me, valentine's day, up to this point of my life has no meaning to me whatsoever, though I find the whole idea of showing your love to your partner a very romantic and sweet idea. I think it's cute how people who are in 'serious' relationships (I don't believe in bf's and gf's btw) are running between shops trying to find the perfect gift, doesn't need to be expensive, just something special that can express their love.

Second day in surgery. I'm in team C, which is the team that is mostly involved with gastroentestinal problems. So today, I'm with the other guys in my team, we're with the docs as we walk between patients in the ground round with the consultants. We get to an old man, who's a known diabetic, and the doc goes: 'presented last night with signs of foot ulceration...', next thing we know, the consultant exposes the foot, and I see that the flesh is gone, you can actually see inside the foot, it's something that I've only seen in my medical books, but never have I seen such a thing with my eyes, we were shocked, yet we tried to pretend like it didnt' matter, and that we had a tough heart. I knew this was coming sooner or later, and now that I'm in surgery, I'll be seeing things which are even worse. In fact, tomorrow is going to be my very first experience in the operation theatre.

Exercise? Nothing yet, still waiting for the papers to finish. Though it's better for me. I finally went to see a doc today for my shoulder. He said I have 'bicepitus tendonitis', lol I know a lot of you are thinking 'what on earth..?' In simple english, my biceps tendon is inflammed, and there's fluid accumulating, causing me the pain and the clicking. I have to take these huge tablets for 5 days, and I have to do a set of stretches every time I want to exercise, oh and he said, I need to use lighter weights, if I don't want this to happen again, oh well, he said I can then start to increase it gradually, but always at the risk of having this problem again...

Haven't posted here in ages. Didn't feel like writing, but today was rather good. I wanted to let out some of my energy in here...

Later

Posted by Noors at 10:55 PM

2 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at Wed Feb 16, 03:52:00 AM  
    habeebti!

    Easy on your self with body pumping :s Hope you get well soon.. but, really, don't over do it please..

    Luv,

    Bimmi
  2. Blogger Noors posted at Fri Feb 18, 06:57:00 AM  
    Hey sweetie,

    lol don't worry abt me, I'm fine...
    I really miss exercising. It just feels like something is missing, and I'll try to take it easy once I start, though the temptation is always there to carry something heavier, lol, but I'll try anyway..

    Miss ya

Post a Comment

« Home