Tuesday, September 20, 2005

There's a lot of shit that's going on in this world. Sometimes, when you have a good and easy going life, you become ignorant of what is really happening in the 'real' world.

Ever since I started working in the hospital, I've been seeing different cases, different problems. Some are silly, while others are heart breaking. You would be shocked by some of the stories you hear, and you would just wonder how some people survive.

When I first started medicine, I had this dream, to help others, in any possible way. The best reward that you can get at the end of a long and stressful day, is a smile from a patient, or a prayer. I've been through it, and it's such an amazing feeling, when someone looks at you and says 'thank you and may God bless you'.

They were repeating an episode of Oprah the other day, where she interviewed this Dr, who's in Africa, helping women with a treatable problem, who were neglected by their families, to get help and return back to their homes. It was touching. I hold so much respect for people like her.

I wish I could do half of what she's doing.

Posted by Noors at 1:28 PM

4 Comments

  1. Blogger Nash posted at Tue Sep 20, 03:10:00 PM  
    I have a friend who is a doctor, and she told me she doesnt want her daughter to become a doctor, because she says all you see and hear is people's problems and sufferings, there is no happiness. Am glad you think otherwise.
  2. Blogger Noors posted at Thu Sep 22, 12:18:00 AM  
    True, all you hear and see is other people's problems, and some patients get to you, emotionally I mean, makes you wonder how some people are living in this world.

    But at the same time, when you know that you were able to help someone, nothing can ever top that.
  3. Blogger Samyah posted at Thu Sep 22, 01:51:00 PM  
    Since when you use the word shit Noora? lol
  4. Blogger Noors posted at Fri Sep 23, 08:14:00 AM  
    lol Sam, what's so strange about that?

Post a Comment

« Home