Thursday, September 08, 2005

Fitness all the way...

So yesterday, I met up with my trainer, and we ended up talking about the whole group training issue again.

lol, it was good because it reminded me that of something that I've promised myself I'd work on to get certified in as soon as possible, but with all the work I have with the coming conference that we're holding, I've been too busy to do just about anything else. But now, it's back into my head. I'm gonna try and set aside one day every week, probably during the weekends, to work on this, as well as keeping up with my regular exercise program. I've emailed the organization from which I wish to get my certificate from with all my questions.

I've always thought that being educated in the fitness field, will also help me when I graduate. In a lot of cases, part of our managment regimen is to ask patients to exercise regularly, and it's just amazing how little a lot of docs know about exercise. Most would tell you to walk at least three times a week. Fair enough, that's a good enough exercise, but what if you can help your patient set up a whole exercise program? It's part of the treatment like I said, and you give your patient a variety of things to choose from. I was also thinking, especially with those patients who need to exercise but with caution, like diabetics or hypertensives, I mean, exercise is crucial in their cases, so why not give them classes, or train them regularly under your supervision? In that way, you get to get them exercising, just like you insist they take their medications, and at the same time, you observe their work outs to make sure they don't harm themselves.

It's probably a bit difficult to do, but nevertheless, there are a lot of projects going around, to try and get people to exercise, I'd like to be part of that if possible!

Posted by Noors at 12:54 PM

3 Comments

  1. Blogger Sleepless In Muscat posted at Thu Sep 08, 01:50:00 PM  
    good luck on whatever your future plans may ever be
  2. Blogger Noors posted at Fri Sep 09, 02:23:00 AM  
    Thank you!

    Some people think it's a crazy idea though lol.
  3. Blogger Sleepless In Muscat posted at Fri Sep 09, 11:14:00 AM  
    well, as lame as this may sound; when Einshtein came up with the theory of relativity a lot of people thought he was crazy to just think of the idea but then he proved everybody wrong..

    and i bet you can prove everyone wrong when you get there so you can laugh in their face

Post a Comment

« Home