Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Autopsy

Okay, so now I'm here, waiting for a call from the girls to tell me to leave the house.

I'll be observing my very first autopsy. For those who don't know what that is, this is a way of finding out the cause of death, when it's unknown. They do tests, and cut the body open to look at the organs and try and find out what exactly happened. So it's no picnic, and I'm really not looking forward to it. A lot of people told me that the smell is really bad, and you just feel sick, I've also heard stories of guys fainting while observing!!!

lol I know I won't faint, but I might just be disgusted. I don't mind them cutting in surgery, that's different, it's clean and there's usually not much of a bad smell, but the autopsy is just a completely different thing....

As part of our curriculum we have to attend 5 of those. I hope that we only have to stay for one and not two today, though it's usually better if you have two, makes it one less autopsy to worry about.

Updates later..

Posted by Noors at 8:06 AM

1 Comments

  1. Blogger Sowhat posted at Wed Aug 31, 04:11:00 PM  
    well actually it is not that bad .. it is only the first moment that will leave something inside you .. maybe for ever .. it is not like surgery or our usual museum sessions .. nope it is so diffrent wo so reall ..

    if you are lucky you will have a cadaver who is not yet went through decomposion

    other than the smell wo the sound of the skull being cutter it is ok .. amean you would handle and inshala you will not faint :)

    all the best :)

Post a Comment

« Home