Saturday, July 23, 2005

I was on my feet from 8 in the morning until 3. I spent my whole day in surgery, and I got to scrub in and assist in two operations.

The first, was a cyst in the lung. It's like a sac with air collected inside, it was so awesome watching the collapsed lung inflate right before my eyes. It turned from grey to a fresh pinkish colour, subhan Allah!

Other surgeries were simple ones.

It was the first time that I attend pediatric surgeries. I'm used to the big people, and today, we were dealing with tiny creatures.

I'm going again tomorrow. At least I have something that keeps me busy. I don't mind the work, it's the only real thing that I got, and I get to spend the morning doing something I enjoy and blending in with the docs without the pressure of exams or sessions or grades.

Posted by Noors at 7:53 PM

4 Comments

  1. Blogger Sleepless In Muscat posted at Sat Jul 23, 01:26:00 PM  
    i thought you weren't allowed to disclose such details?
  2. Blogger Noors posted at Sat Jul 23, 01:41:00 PM  
    You mean personal details?

    I only explained a surgical procedure, that's all, it's something that you can read about in any surgical book. No personal info provided, actually, I don't have any.:)
  3. Blogger Unknown posted at Sun Jul 24, 09:28:00 AM  
    I can never be a doctor , i'd just end up barfing all over the patients. lol
  4. Blogger Noors posted at Sun Jul 24, 12:22:00 PM  
    lol

    You know, my uncle was surprised at how tough I am. Seems like I do have a tough heart when it comes to these things, hehe.

    Going there again tomorrow..

Post a Comment

« Home