Sunday, March 13, 2005

So the end of the day was just as good as it started. I finished typing my second case write up, went and got it all printed out and binded, got myself some mocha from starbucks and went to the hospital. I got there at 6 and thought I'd check the OT before going to the ward. There was an eppendicectomy that had just finished, but they had another case. So I changed and went in. The doctor oncall, let me scrub, and again, I got to stand close to him and he kept asking me about the different layers in the abdomen as he was cutting through. This surgery took some time until the appendix was removed. He told me to do the subcutaneous suturing, and lol, I guess I did it better this time. My hands weren't shaking so badly. After that, we got some gauze and started trying suturing on that. lol We were also sitting in the doctors room before this surgery, and he was trying to teach me and another doctor how to tie one of the surgical knots.

I like this type of learning, we sit and discuss, lol, or should I say, I sit and he hits me with different kinds of questions. It just sticks in your head better, and you start to teach your mind how to think and how to analyze things,..

Anyway, I'm tired, and I still have to do some reading before I can sleep.

Later

Posted by Noors at 10:52 PM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home