Sunday, March 13, 2005

Today was amazing, and it's not over yet, lol, but I thought I'd come here and let all the excitment out.

Today is Sunday, which is the OT day for team B. I got there a bit late because I had some trouble finding a doc who is supposed to be attending my presentation today. I got in when they were done with the laparoscopic cholecystectomy, which is the removal of the gall bladder. But I still stayed and watched as the doc was closing up. Now this doctor, is very good, and at the same time, he can say whatever he thinks straight away, he thinks you did something wrong, he would critisize you, in front of everyone. So I ask him if the knot he was doing was a square knot, because I'm teaching myself how to do them. So he gives me this look then walks, lol, I got scared for a second. He came to me and said, this is way beyond my expectations regarding medical students, he was impressed that I knew a few types of knots, and told me that he teaches this kind of stuff to post graduates who want to do surgery. So he gets a thread, and shows me how to tie it, he did it around my finger, and that was so cool.

Later, was a lump removal for a patient with breast cancer, and the other doctor tells me to scrub, and lets me stand close by him so I can see whatever he was doing. He let me hold a few things, and was willing to let me suture, but unfortunatlly I had to run because I was going to be late for my own presentation, lol. One of the docs and the nurses were very helpful because they helped me learn how to scrub and everything. It was really a day that I wont' be forgetting any time soon. The support you get from the doctors over there is amazing. True, they can be nasty to you sometimes, but for the purpose of teaching you a lesson, but they always care about you, and when you do something good, they always encourage you and give you a boost to do better.

I'm oncall today, so lets see how this day is gonna go....

Posted by Noors at 3:32 PM

4 Comments

  1. Blogger Kamakazy posted at Sun Mar 13, 07:14:00 AM  
    so now you know how to scrub...

    i know how to scrub too coz i watch 'Srcubs' every Friday on One TV at 8:30PM...
  2. Blogger Kamakazy posted at Sun Mar 13, 09:52:00 AM  
    sorry, thats me being cheeseeee...

    bare with me, its just a phase...
  3. Blogger Noors posted at Sun Mar 13, 10:51:00 AM  
    lol dont worry abt it, I really like it when I see comments on things I write, hehe, especially that most of what I say is just babbling, or me being happy over simple things like scrubing!
  4. Anonymous Anonymous posted at Mon Mar 14, 11:52:00 PM  
    Reading your Blog gives me the feel of living an ER episode lol, oh and i can relate to what you write few weeks back I had laparoscopic cholecystectomy :/. I was wondering , don't you get queazy when seeing an Operation ?!

    HaYa

Post a Comment

« Home