Tuesday, March 08, 2005

I've been feeling so empty these last few days. Things have been really good in the hospital, it can't get any better actually. This is the first rotation where I get so attached to the people working there, and get to know them better.

Maybe it's just because, even though I'm enjoying my work, a lot, I haven't been doing anything else. I miss exercising terribly, I just feel like I've lost my energy. I miss having it in my life, it gave me something to look forward to everyday. I wish things would work out quickly, I want to be hyper like I used to. Yesterday, few of the girls told me that I haven't been myself lately, and that I looked pale, I haven't heard anyone tell me this in ages...

I hate this feeling of emptiness. I just feel emotionally detached from everything. My constant thinking is on my studies, and on the hospital. Damn, I even see them in my dreams. I just have this inner feeling that I need something extra. Something to remind me of the world around me. Something to pull me a bit away from my small circle into a bigger one.. God I don't even make any sense..

But still,

I'm really starting to like surgery. Today, I got the chance to attend a breast reconstruction surgery, done here in Oman for the very first time. I'm seriously thinking of it as a specialty, it's such a male dominated area, and we seriously need more women in that field. The problem is, most women wouldn't go for it in the beginning, because it is so demanding, and requires a lot of dedication, and a lot of hours spent away from your home, that they choose something easier. Or some would actually go for it, then 2 years later, they decide to quit because of their families, and their responsibilites. It's sad how a lot of good women withdraw themselves from choosing their careers, I understand the whole family situation, but men need to be more tolerant, and be more supportive, is that too much to ask for?

Posted by Noors at 7:19 PM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home