Monday, February 21, 2005

These last few days have been so packed. It's only 10 and I'm so tired, that I can just fall asleep any minute now. First it was studying for my final that I had on Saturday, then spent that whole day in Mutrah. Sunday I was oncall, and I had to go and watch this procedure in the operation theatre that's called debridment. And I'm telling, that's no fun at all. The room was so hot, and the surgeon had to make a cut in the sole of the foot to let the debris out that has accumulated because of an infection. I couldn't stay for long, it was so hot and stuffy that I really needed to get the mask out of my face and breaaaaaaaaaaath. I'm the kind of person who can't really stand the extremes of temperatures, it just makes my whole body system go upside down, and believe me that's no fun at all! We have a French patient in our ward, so I spent about 45 minutes that night just talking to him. I liked how positive he was about life, hopefully I'll be able to see him again tomorrow.

Today, was a long day in the hospital, finally I felt like we were really learning something from this rotation. Then had to drive to the university hospital for a session that lasted from 5:30 till 8:30 pm, so go figure!

Haven't talked to some of my friends in ages, haven't been able to do anything in ages. Pfff, when I finally decide to go to the gym to work out, this session comes out of no where. And my shoulder problem is back again, the drugs I took were of absolutely no use.

Okay, I can't keep my eyes open anymore, I'm going to bed. Battery is very low!

Sweet dreams!

Posted by Noors at 10:02 PM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home