Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Cycling!

Right, I have to let it out, lol.

I'm so in love with the bikes at the gym, I woke up at 7 today on a Thursday morning, even though I went to bed at 3 am because I was studying for a final that I have on Saturday.

The whole atmosphere is one of it's kind. Everyone is smiling and laughing, making jokes and talking to each other. I love the music that we use during the class, it's loud and the beat is fast, you gotta keep your legs moving THE WHOLE TIME, and try and keep up the pace with the beat. Sometimes we're standing up, other times we're racing, and along those, the resistance changes from easy to hard. A lot of times you end up singing along, as loud as you can, because you're just so into 'the mood'.

I like it when you're standing up and the beat goes really really really really fast and you gotta jog on your bike and keep up, a lot of times my legs betray me and they slow down, not this morning though, I did it! lol

You might think it's disgusting but I looooove sweating while exercising. lol My shirt is usually soaking wet by the end of the class and you get this amazing feeling because it's an achievment to have survived and you feel like you are capable of doing anything and everything, it honestly gives you the will power, and destresses you. For an hour there, you forget about your worries, about the outer world and about those who bothered you, and you feel well from the inside. You never leave the room without a big smile on your face.

It's one of the things that I'm gonna miss the most when I leave for my elective in a month, I can't imagine going for two months with no cycling or power bar..

Posted by Noors at 11:25 PM

5 Comments

  1. Blogger Kay posted at Thu Apr 06, 07:22:00 AM  
    MURDER.

    u are my idol! waking up 7 am on a THURSDAY morning! i wouldnt do it if u paid me!
  2. Blogger Noors posted at Thu Apr 06, 07:47:00 AM  
    lol Kay, I usually do the abs class after the morning cycling, not today thoug :( Stupid final!

    Best thing is when you do a cycling class and then a weights class, you can feel the pain shooting up your legs when you squat down or while lunging!

    And trust me it's no murder. When you start, you take it easy, with the resistance and all, and you gradually build your endurance, all you need is to get motivated, and with a fun and chirpy atmosphere like the one we have, it's so easy to get into the mood.
  3. Blogger Sleepless In Muscat posted at Thu Apr 06, 12:43:00 PM  
    I would do this kind of training only in the afternoon when the weather is better in any season on a real bike..well, I used to a long time back.

    But in regards to your elective, you could always jog around your place with someone you know at the place you go to..

    right?
  4. Blogger Noors posted at Thu Apr 06, 01:00:00 PM  
    I'm planning on going jogging, but it's not the same! I wanna take one of the bikes with me lol.
  5. Blogger Sleepless In Muscat posted at Thu Apr 06, 01:41:00 PM  
    lol...

    you might as well take the whole gym with you while you're at it

Post a Comment

« Home