Saturday, April 30, 2005

I was going through some of my old files, and I came across these words that I wrote a year ago. On the 12th of April 2004. I was just smiling while reading it, and thought I'd post it here in my blog. It's long, lol, so I will understand if you don't bother to read hehe.

Yet here I am,
As strong as ever,
Still surviving and proving myself,
Living with what I have,
Keeping my dream locked away deep inside my heart,
Only remembering it occasionally and smile,
Things change and so do I,
I’ve turned into a person, who lives each day on its own,
Trying to prove myself to myself,
Though my obstacles are growing bigger by the day,
My problems keep pilling up by the day,
But still here I am,
Smiling and finding my way through,
I never thought I could have so much power and strength within me to do so,
Yet each day I prove to myself that I am so much worth than I thought,
That I truly deserve what is best,
And that best is yet to come,
But I need to get my way through,
Seek my destiny,
And hope for the best,
Have the patience to continue,
Though sometimes,
When the world looks so gloomy
And the sky is filled with clouds,
I just fear that this might be the end,
I start to lose my ability to keep things under control,
I tremble with fear and look at the world with worried eyes,
Filled with tears and fears of what is yet to come,
But then a voice within me tells me to hang on,
Tells me not to be a wimp,
To stand up and look at trouble straight in the eye and smile,
Yes smile,
Prove that I can do whatever I want,
Nothing is impossible,
Only when you have the courage to stand up and smile,
Will you be able to move on?
Believe in yourself,
Never give up hope,
I keep my faith alive within my heart,
And slowly I sail my ship far away from the storm,
I’m filled with joy,
And again I prove to myself that I’m stronger than I thought I was,
I’ve added a new experience to my book of life,
Something to always remember,
It’s amazing what the power of mind can do to you,
It can completely destroy you or take up way up,
Show you the world in a way you’ve never seen before,
Takes you out of your protective shell,
Makes you take challenges you never thought you could take,
Gives your life a deeper meaning,
It makes you cherish your memories,
The good and the bad,
Hold them tightly as part of you,
As they define who you are,
And use them to make a better you,
To make a better future,
Only when you come to understand this can you really make a difference in this life,
Put a footprint in the sand of time,
I took me time to get this,
It took so many bad experiences and many falls,
Together with my sweet memories,
To reach to a stage in my life,
Where I look at things from a completely new angle,
That there’s so much out there,
Waiting for you,
Never rush things,
Take things at ease,
And slowly you’ll get there,
Eventually you’ll reach your goal,
Be blessed with a special moment,
That you can’t imagine now,
Because this life has no limits,
Keep this in your mind,
And keep going,
I’m going on,
I’ll keep looking deep inside,
And make it guide me through,
One day I’ll get there,
Some day I’ll be right where I belong,
Now I pray!

Posted by Noors at 11:38 PM

5 Comments

  1. Blogger Gentho posted at Sat Apr 30, 11:58:00 AM  
    Cool blog. Nice poetry. Check out free cognition, I think you'll enjoy it.
  2. Blogger Namika posted at Sat Apr 30, 09:45:00 PM  
    I loved it. Didn't read it all though.. but I liked the way you expressed your self.. :)
  3. Blogger Devilish posted at Sun May 01, 10:02:00 AM  
    I liked this following part :

    "It's amazing what the power of mind can do to you,
    It can completely destroy you or take up way up,
    Show you the world in a way you've never seen before,
    Takes you out of your protective shell,
    Makes you take challenges you never thought you could take,
    Gives your life a deeper meaning,"
  4. Blogger Noors posted at Mon May 02, 12:22:00 PM  
    Albert, checked your blog, you've got some interesting topics that you've discussed over ther, i sure will be checking it every now and the:)

    Namika, thanks girl, that is such an old poem, i just loved how it reminded me of what i was going through this same time last year.

    Devilish, i'm glad you liked something out of it!
  5. Blogger iamnasra posted at Sun May 15, 02:12:00 PM  
    Wow here you are with hidden talent ...thank you for sharing your poem with us...it had enlighten my day

Post a Comment

« Home