Sunday, April 24, 2005

I was sitting in the seminar room in the Royal Hospital yesterday studying, I started my finals today, Surgery end of rotation. Anyway, while I was there, this old man enters the room and asks me if it would bother me if he sat there and watched tv. I said it was fine, and he started praying for me, again and again. Then he sat and started talking to me about what happened to him and how he ended up injuring himself. His eyes started tearing, and I felt like I was stabbed in the heart, it just made me ache.

He said that he felt comfortable the minute he saw me, and that he was able to open up his heart and talk about his problems, he said he considered me as a daughter. Then he starts praying to God to give me peace of mind, to help me succeed in my future, and to always always listen to God and do good deeds in this world.

As much as I wanted to hear someone say that to me, so desperately, as much as I wanted to cry at that moment. It's like he saw right through me, and knew that what I needed most right now was to have that peace of mind. It's been a long time since I gave myself a break from everything, from this world, from my fears and insecurities and from my thoughts.

Just a feeling that touched me so deeply, I just pray to God to help this man and to guide him through his hard time, ameeeen!

Posted by Noors at 4:08 PM

3 Comments

  1. Blogger Lym posted at Sun Apr 24, 09:26:00 AM  
    That is so sweet of him , mashalah

    I love people like that ! I am sure you deserved it though. :)

    Good luck with your finals.
  2. Blogger Unknown posted at Sun Apr 24, 12:49:00 PM  
    Best of luck...

    Allah yinsurna jamee3
  3. Blogger Namika posted at Mon Apr 25, 03:56:00 AM  
    Wishing you all the best in your finals :) good luck..

Post a Comment

« Home